At International Economic Relations from American University Washington DC our students apply their knowledge of institutions, policies, and market dynamics to issues in international financial markets, global economic governance, economic security, economic development, and international business.
- US Commerce Department,
- Inter-American Development Bank,
- International Monetary Fund,
- US State Department,
- US Treasury,
- World Bank
- Economic Theory
- International Economics
- International Trade Relations
- International Financial Relations
- International Political Economy
- 24 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics International Relations Econometrics View 700 other Masters in Economics in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at School of International Service and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Undergraduate degree
- Two letters of recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- TOEFL/IELTS score if non-native English speaker
- Applicants must hold an accredited bachelor's degree with a cumulative grade point average of at least a B+ (3.30 or higher on a 4.00 scale) and should have had at least 24 credit hours of social science coursework relevant to international studies.
- A Graduate Record Exam (GRE) is optional.
International36387 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1866 USD per credit during 24 months.
National36387 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1866 USD per credit during 24 months.
Tuition for National students: $1,812 per credit hour
Living costs for Washington, D. C.
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.