At Games and Interactive Media from American University Washington DC students will learn to tailor play design to meet specific goals in player impact, focusing on both theory and practice. The program stretches the students' capacities as designers, developers and administrators and prepares them to take on a variety of creative leadership and instructional roles.
Students who graduate from the program will be poised for a variety of roles in the creative economy, including instruction and creative leadership. Whether your passion is digital game design, physical computing, virtual reality, analog games, new media art or something else, our MFA lets you develop the skills to create great games.
- Web Portfolio
- Dynamic Content
- Topics in Mass Media
- Political Communication
- Strategic Communication Leadership and Management
- Web and Mobile Development
- Motion Graphics and Effects
- Communication Theory
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
SOC operates on a rolling admissions basis for Masters programs.
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Video Games & Animation Computer Sciences View 1094 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at American University Washington DC and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Statement of purpose
- Transcripts from all previous post-secondary institution
- Two letters of recommendation
- Portfolio (optional)
- Admission to the program requires a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with at least a 3.00 (on a 4.00 scale) grade point average in last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework.
- The Graduate Record General Examination (GRE) is required, but may be waived by the division director
International33588 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1866 USD per credit during 36 months.
National33588 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1866 USD per credit during 36 months.
Tuition for National students: $1,812 Per credit hour
Living costs for Washington, D. C.
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.