Washington State University programs of study are individualized with an interdisciplinary focus. Students are expected to pursue their degree programs with success and to earn the MS degree in two years. The Mechanical Engineering - Tri-Cities program will culminate with a final oral examination and a written thesis (MS thesis option) or project report (MS non-thesis option). Financial aid in the form of an assistantship is available for dedicated, quality, full-time MS students.
University research and teaching positions, research positions in national laboratories, and technical positions in leading companies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Achieve the highest level of expertise in mechanical engineering, mastery of the knowledge in their fields and the ability to apply associated technologies to novel and emerging problems.
- Our School offers state-of-the-art research facilities enabling students to work on cutting-edge research over a wide range of topics, presenting and publishing results along with our world-class faculty. Presenting papers at or attending regional conferences and international conferences and proceedings enriches scholarly development. Low-cost or free workshops on grant writing and leadership/professional development are routinely offered by the University. Opportunities exist for internships in industry and national labs.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
Fall January 10
Spring July 1
DisciplinesPhysics Mechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 608 other Masters in Physics in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Prospective international students must have the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree from an approved institution. Usually this is a minimum of four years of study beyond grade 12.
- A grade point average equivalent to a U.S. grade of “B” or better is required.
- Prospective domestic students must have received a baccalaureate degree from a college or university, accredited by a recognized association, with a cumulative grade point average of 3.00.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13861 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13861 USD per year during 24 months.
National13861 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13861 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State6462 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6462 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Pullman
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.