Washington State University 's M.A. degree in Special Education requires a thesis, while the Ed.M. degree requires a special project, both of which are research focused. The M.A. is designed for students who will potentially enter a doctoral program or who desire to focus on educational research, as opposed to application of educational strategies.
The Ed.M. allows students to study a variety of education-related areas within structured coursework both on campus as well as online. A specific set of coursework also can lead to a supporting endorsement in special education. Although the Ed.M. students enroll in research courses and engage in research endeavors, the emphasis in this degree option is on application of educational research strategies in schools settings.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
All graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate an appropriate depth and breadth of understanding about the field of special education and disabilities.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and ability to evaluate, understand, and communicate (oral and written) special education ideas and research.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and ability to synthesize and apply special education research to problems of practice through skillful inquiry.
- Demonstrate and apply scholarly habits of curiosity, inquiry, skepticism, and data-based decision-making.
- Demonstrate understanding and valuing of diversity through pedagogical and inquiry endeavors.
- Demonstrate a professional identity appropriate for future career plans.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- Fall January 10
- Spring July 1
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Educational Research View 4063 other Masters in Education in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must meet the minimum admission requirements of the WSU Graduate School. These requirements include a bachelor’s degree with an undergraduate grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- A Bachelor’s of Science degree in a related area, such as agriculture, plant science, biology, entomology, plant pathology or horticulture is preferred. Without this relevant background, students may be required to complete 6 to 9 semester credits of prerequisite courses at the beginning of their degree program, and these courses may or may not be counted toward the degree program requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International27113 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27113 USD per year during 12 months.
National13533 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13533 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State6308 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6308 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Pullman
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.