Objectives of the Health Information Technology MSc program at Kerman University of Medical Sciences
- The graduates should be able to create and apply IT tools and techniques for gathering, classifying, and analyzing data in any media format, both manually and electronically.
- They are expected to disseminate the notion of “healthcare-based information” in healthcare organizations.
- They would develop and publicize research-based healthcare informatics.
- The graduates would possess enough knowledge and skills for gathering and analyzing health data and informatics according to the professional, ethical, legal, medical and organizational requirements of the field.
- They are also responsible for the information needs of the healthcare system.
- The curriculum in this field is also aimed at providing the fundamental knowledge and skills necessary for graduates to successfully deal with numerous issues in the care system as a dynamic environment with numerous changes underway.
Where do health information technology specialists work?
Health information technology specialists support clinicians and staff across many healthcare settings, including inpatient rehabilitation facilities, acute care hospitals, long-term care facilities, physician offices, mental health facilities, and outpatient clinics. Others work for organizations that do not provide direct medical care, such as consulting firms, public health and other government agencies, insurance companies, and software vendors.
- Advanced biostatistics
- Methodology in health sciences
- International classification and nomenclature systems
- Health Information management
- Management of Health information systems
- Evaluation of health systems
- Applications in healthcare
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Statistics Health Informatics View 15 other Masters in Informatics & Information Technology in Iran
- Interested applicants should sign up and log in to our website in order to gain access to the http://www.kmu.ac.ir/en/login/menu/-2
- Once you reach the application form, carefully provide all the necessary information in order to successfully submit your application.
- The applicants should take part in an Entrance Exam, administered by the Ministry of Health, before they could enter the course which is formulated based on educational rules and regulations of the Development Council of Iran’s Ministry of Health. The applicants should already possess a bachelor of science (BSc) in one of the fields of medical sciences which is approved by ministry of health.
- Academic Grade Point Average (GPA): Minimum 3.00/4.00 (or its equivalent)
- Motivational Letter
- Undergraduate transcript of records (translated in English and certified by the Iranian consulate/ embassy)
- Passport and the copy of main pages
International4000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 USD per year during 24 months.
National4000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 USD per year during 24 months.
- Laboratory-based: $4,500/year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.