This department founded in 1987 as a part of the faculty of allied medicine. Currently our department a part of the faculty of management and Medical Information. Nowadays, we have a master and Ph.D. Program for Medical Informatics and bachelor and master program for Health Information technology (HIT).Health informatics is concerned with managing the database, while health information management is concerned with managing the data.
The two fields are related, although there are distinct differences between health information technology and health informatics. Health information technology implies the electronic exchange of health data. Health informatics employs the information available through health information technology to secure, organize and evaluate data related to patient care. Health informatics processes are intended to enhance the delivery of public and private healthcare services.
The Medical Informatics MSc program is offered at Kerman University of Medical Sciences.
Where do health information technology specialists work?
Health information technology specialists support clinicians and staff across many healthcare settings, including inpatient rehabilitation facilities, acute care hospitals, long-term care facilities, physician offices, mental health facilities, and outpatient clinics. Others work for organizations that do not provide direct medical care, such as consulting firms, public health and other government agencies, insurance companies, and software vendors.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Medical Information Systems
- General Medicine and Medical Terminology
- Practical Statistics in Healthcare
- Healthcare Information Technology
- Medical Data Structure and Electronic Medical Record
- Management in Medical Informatics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Statistics Health Informatics View 8 other Masters in Statistics in Iran
- Interested applicants should sign up and log in to our website in order to gain access to the http://www.kmu.ac.ir/en/login/menu/-2
- Once you reach the application form, carefully provide all the necessary information in order to successfully submit your application.
- A bachelor degree in one of the fields of Medical sciences, Mathematics (all branches), Computer engineering, Computer sciences, Medical engineering, Electrical engineering (electronic), Information technology engineering, or a general doctorate in one of the fields of Medicine and Pharmaceutics and being eligible for entering the program according to the M.Sc. educational rules and regulations are requirements for qualification.
- Academic Grade Point Average (GPA): Minimum 3.00/4.00 (or its equivalent)
- Motivational Letter
- Undergraduate transcript of records (translated in English and certified by the Iranian consulate/ embassy)
- Passport and the copy of main pages
International4000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 USD per year during 24 months.
National4000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 USD per year during 24 months.
- Laboratory-based: $4,500/year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.