The Data Science and Engineering Master's program at The City University of New York is targeted at students who wish to learn data science methodology and have a background in science, engineering, or mathematics.
What you'll study
The core data science methodology covered in the DSE program will provide students with fundamental data science and engineering computational and statistical skills. Students will apply these skills to a domain by combining core knowledge with domain knowledge acquired through two or more electives taken in that domain. Finally, students will complete a mandated capstone project or thesis demonstrating their mastery of the methodology.
- Applied Statistics
- Applied Machine Learning and Data Mining
- Data Engineering: Infrastructure and Applications
- Big Data and Scalable Computation
- Visual Analytics
- Advanced Materials Engineering
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesStatistics Data Science & Big Data Machine Learning View 564 other Masters in Statistics in United States
- A Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Science or Engineering from an accredited institution of higher education
- A minimum 3.0 / "B" grade average
- General requirements include:Two semesters of Calculus (preferably 3, including Vector Calculus)
- Probability and Statistics (preferably 2 semesters)
- Linear Algebra
- Programming course (preferred knowledge of Python)
- Two (2) letters of recommendation, preferably from a faculty member familiar with the applicant's work
- GRE scores are optional
International17100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 18 months.
National17100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 18 months.
- Full-time - $5,545/semester
- Part-time - $470/credit
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.