Students who graduate from the program will be well-prepared for the Board of Certification (BOC) Examination and a future in helping all individuals safely participate in physical activity. As faculty, we educate our students with the most current evidence-based and practical knowledge while providing an example of expert, professional, and compassionate service.
The Athletic Training Program (ATP) at Washington State University (WSU) is a professional program which contains both an undergraduate degree (BS in Sports Medicine) and graduate degree (Master’s in Athletic Training).
The combined program length is 5 years and all courses required for AT specific standards must be taken at WSU.
Once a student is formally admitted to the AT Program, the combined program length is 8 semesters and must be completed consecutively. This includes a pre-clinical semester and a summer session. Please see the AT website for all information relating to the AT program.
- Provide acute care of injuries and illnesses to address planning, examination, immediate emergent or musculoskeletal management, transportation, and education to clients
- Be proficient in using knowledge of basic science and research methodology to interpret evidence-based research related to athletic training to answer questions and guide clinical practice
- Be prepared, capable, and experienced in working as part of an inter-professional healthcare team
- Develop advanced understanding of issues related to athletic training curriculum development, implementation, and administration
- Demonstrate attitudes, behaviors, and practices that support personal well-being and life-long learning
- Become proficient in prevention and health promotion to include general prevention, fitness, and wellness principles
- Be able to integrate aspects of physical and mental health, cultural competence, ethics, and patient and community values to improve the patients’ outcome
- Exemplify leadership, professional engagement, and advocacy to strengthen the profession of athletic training
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Semester 1: You will have an opportunity to become oriented with all of the athletic training facilities and staff certified athletic trainers as you rotate through assignments with most of the sports offered on campus.
- Semester 2: You will be assigned a staff certified athletic trainer as a mentor and will gain valuable experience working with the sports to which your mentor is assigned.)
- Clinical Immersion
- Semester 3 and 4: These rotations include time spent in a physical therapy clinic, high school, general medical clinic, local NAIA college, and the University of Idaho. Transportation to and from the off-campus clinical education experiences will be at the students’ expense.
- Semester 5 and 6: Your third year in the program you will be assigned as the senior student to a mentor and assist with the daily responsibilities of providing treatment and care for the teams to which your mentor is assigned.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Priority Application Deadline: January 10
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Sports Management Sports Sciences View 503 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Prospective international students must have the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree from an approved institution. Usually, this is a minimum of four years of study beyond grade 12.
- A grade point average equivalent to a U.S. grade of "B" (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) or better is required.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International27113 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27113 USD per year during 36 months.
National13533 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13533 USD per year during 36 months.
In-State6308 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6308 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Pullman
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.