At the Journalism programme at the Oxford Brookes University you will develop skills in digital and multi-platform journalism. And you'll study the changing models of journalism including:
- branded content
- not-for-profit journalism
- big data scraping
- social media crowdsourcing.
You'll have regular networking opportunities and visits to newsrooms, media and journalism summits. So you’ll benefit from a degree that responds to the industry.
Journalism is one of a group of courses run by the Oxford International Centre for Publishing (OICP), which has a high international standing. OICP is supported by two advisory boards made up of high profile figures from across the journalism and publishing industries.
Our graduates from the Oxford International Centre for Publishing have established an enviable reputation in the creative industries and they are extremely successful in obtaining good jobs fast.
Evidence from our alumni suggests that our graduates have agile careers and are able to enter the industry at a higher level than would otherwise have been possible. The Centre has its own vacancy list of jobs in journalism, publishing and the creative industries and runs an annual Working in Publishing Day, attended by many employers.
Accredited by the National Council for the Training of Journalists (NCTJ)
- The Practice of Journalism
- Journalism and Technology
- Media Law and Ethics
- Media Power and Public Affairs
- Digital and Data Journalism
- Lifestyle Journalism
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesJournalism Media Management View 92 other Masters in Media Management in United Kingdom
- a second-class honours degree, or equivalent, in any subject; or
- an appropriate professional background and experience in the media. This should be evidenced by an appropriate CV which outlines your professional experience to date from either working directly in journalism and media or a related function.
- If your first language is not English then we will require IELTS 6.5 overall with 6.0 in each component.
International15900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15900 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8900 GBP per year during 12 months.
Home (UK) part time: £4,450
Home (UK) sandwich (placement): £1,500
International / EU sandwich (placement): £1,500
Diploma £7,900; Certificate £4,450
Living costs for Oxford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.