Graduate students at the Library Science MSc program offered at University of Kentucky have the opportunity to earn their degree online and in as little as 36 credit hours. We pride ourselves on offering unique opportunities to our graduate students, including:
- In-state/Resident tuition rates for online learners (see current rates here) cuts cost of a graduate degree significantly for distance students
- Asynchronous online classes allow students a flexible, individualized schedule, and students may take classes full-time or part-time to meet the degree requirements
- Practicum and Study Abroad possibilities as part of student’s credit hours
- School Librarian Certification for students pursuing a career in school libraries or media centers
- Chance to apply for an Alternative Spring Break internship position in Washington D.C. at places like the Library of Congress, National Library of Medicine, or the Smithsonian Libraries
- Academic Libraries (with both a public services path and a technical services path)
- Health Information
- Information Systems
- Public Libraries
- Youth Services and Literature
- Generalist (for students who want to forge a degree plan based on their professional aspirations)
- Information in Society
- Information Seeking, Retrieval & Services
- Information Representation & Access
- Management in LIS
- Knowledge Organization
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLibrary Science Informatics & Information Technology Media Management View 26 other Masters in Media Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Personal Statement: a 200-300 word statement, explaining (i) why you are seeking admission to the School of Library & Information Science at the University of Kentucky, and (ii) why you are interested in a career as an information professional.
- Assistantship Application (Optional - you may upload a blank document, if you do not intend to apply for assistance)
- Transcripts (may be unofficial---official transcripts will be required upon admission)
- Three letters of recommendation
When you apply through the application portal, you will be asked to fill out an online form to submit the contact information of the three people who will be recommending you. The system will contact each person identified and their recommendations will be submitted directly to us. You can check back into your application at any time to see who has submitted a recommendation. You may submit your application even if a person recommending you has not yet sent their form.
International12582 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12582 USD per year during 12 months.
National12582 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12582 USD per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.