The MS in Global and Migrant Health Policy from The City University of New York's core curriculum content is rooted in public health competencies while its context is framed within global and national health policy affecting migrant populations.
What you'll study
Course content is designed for public health professionals who aspire to improve public health through evidence-based and data-driven decision-making. Students will leave the program with the skills and networks necessary to formulate and evaluate evidence-based policies and programs, returning to their host (or new) organization well-placed to increase their institutions’ implementation science capacity through multidisciplinary approaches.
While we cannot issue I-20 forms for a fully online degree program, our online offerings provide a chance for international students to earn an affordable, quality degree from the City University of New York while residing in their home country.
- Designs, Concepts, and Methods in Public Health Research
- Quantitative and Qualitative Data Analysis Methods in Public Health Research
- Health Economics
- Comparative Analysis of Urban Health Care Systems
- International and Migrant Health Organizations
- Migration and Health
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Health International Development Health Sciences View 190 other Masters in International Development in United States
- Completed SOPHAS application
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited university with GPA (overall and major) of at least 3.0.
- Personal statement/statement of purpose (recommended length is 500 words)
- 2 letters of recommendation
- TOEFL scores are required if language of instruction for prior degrees was not English
- Paper-based test: 550
- Computer administered test: 233
- Internet-based test: 60 (reading score, writing score, and listening score)
- Transcript evaluation from WES or ECE for foreign transcripts. Please reach out to us if you are having programs with your evaluation due to COVID-19.
International28215 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
National28215 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
- Full-time - $5,545/semester
- Part-time - $470/credit
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.