The first of its kind, our International Higher Education degree program at Boston College offers a rich comparative perspective on diverse higher education contexts around the world, the tools to conduct high-quality research and put it into practice, and specialized tracks to prepare you for a career as a scholar-practitioner or a researcher.
Regardless whether you choose the Scholar-Practitioner or Research Intensive track, you will have the opportunity to examine the challenges and opportunities facing higher education systems in different geographic regions and explore key themes of relevance in the field, including those related to governance and leadership, finance, student affairs, and teaching and learning. You will also gain crucial experience putting research skills in practice through your final capstone research project.
- Knowledge of the key trends and issues facing contemporary higher education institutions in a global context.
- Familiarity with a broad range of high-quality scholarship, representing a diversity of geographic regions and stakeholder perspectives.
- Ability to conduct high-quality, ethical research and analysis to inform policy and practice in the field of international higher education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Global and Comparative Systems of Higher Education
- Internationalization of Higher Education
- Higher Education in American Society
- Interpretation and Evaluation of Research
- Global Perspectives on Teaching and Learning in Higher Education
- Global Perspectives on Higher Education Leadership and Management
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
Rolling Admission until 8/1
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research Public Policy View 534 other Masters in Public Policy in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application fee of $75
- Letters of recommendation
- Personal Statement
- English proficiency
International30760 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1538 USD per credit during 18 months.
National30760 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1538 USD per credit during 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.