The health and social care sectors are constantly changing in order to provide better treatment and access to care. Improving health and social care services would not be possible without the work of well-trained researchers.
The Health Research (Online) programme offered by the University of Stirling equips you to conduct high quality, rigorous research. You’ll benefit from our strong emphasis on both theoretical and practical skills and you'll be supported by a multidisciplinary team of experienced researchers.The course is suitable for a diverse range of people, and our students include qualified nurses, pharmacists and occupational therapists – as well as others with a background in natural science, social science or the third sector. The entire course can also be studied online, giving you the freedom to work towards a Masters around your personal and professional commitments.
- The Health Research (Online) course suits students who want a variety of careers in health where research plays a core role. It will give you all the practical and theoretical skills and knowledge you need to progress as a researcher or go on to pursue a PhD.
- The majority of our students are already working in health or social care prior to starting the course and remain employed throughout the duration of their studies. Others use the MRes as preparation for PhD studies. Whatever your situation, the course provides valuable training in conducting high quality research that can make a genuine impact on the health and social care sector – a skill that is valued in a vast range of professional and academic roles.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Skills for Knowledge Enquiry
- Qualitative Research and Analysis
- Quantitative Research and Analysis
- Study Design for Health Research
- Research in Practice
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Management Health Sciences View 273 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
A minimum of a second class Honours degree (2:1 preferred) or equivalent. Applicants without these formal qualifications but with significant appropriate/relevant work/life experience are encouraged to apply.
International778 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 778 GBP per module during 12 months.
National778 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 778 GBP per module during 12 months.
- 20-credit module fee: £778
- 60-credit module fee: £2,334
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.