About this Degree
UGA’s MFA Film program is offered to students at a tuition rate comparable to that of other graduate programs at the university, making it one of the most financially accessible programs of its caliber in the country.
Students are expected to range from recent graduates to those who have worked in the industry for a few years and are looking for a new challenge.
The Film, Television and Digital Media MFA program at the University of Georgia will be a two-year (six-semester), 62-credit-hour program culminating in capstone experiences and professional internships.
“The vision for Pinewood has always been to create an extraordinary environment for the next generation of creators, storytellers and entrepreneurs,” said Dan Cathy, Pinewood Atlanta Studios owner, who has helped make the MFA program possible through personal financial support and accommodation at Pinewood Forest. “We are thrilled to partner with Jeffrey Stepakoff, President Morehead, Dean Davis and everyone involved by hosting these inspiring students and faculty at Pinewood.”
The MFA Film program will feature student-created films and television projects produced in collaboration with industry professionals each year.
- During the first year of the program, students will study on the University of Georgia campus in Athens and take courses focused on writing for the screen, producing, directing, film history, audio production and lighting, among others.
- During the second year, students will work on capstone projects and internships while living at Pinewood Forest, a 235-acre master-planned residential and mixed-use development. Second-year courses are expected to include advanced writing, advanced production, advanced directing, computer animation and thesis films.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Media Management Media Studies & Mass Media View 317 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United States
Go to the Application to Graduate School website. Complete their application and upload the following required materials:
- Official transcripts
- Official GRE test score (minimum scores of 153 verbal, 144 quantitative). The GRE is no longer required for the MA programs.
- TOEFL or IELTS Requirement (minimum score of 80 overall with at least a score of 20 in the speak and writing sections)
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Statement of purpose
2. Email these supplemental materials to email@example.com
- Supplemental application to Grady
- Optional: writing samples
International25186 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12593 USD per semester during 24 months.
National25186 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12593 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State8878 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4439 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Athens
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.