The Elementary Education program at the University of Georgia blends theory and practice grounded in our shared philosophy of critical pedagogy. We prepare teacher-leaders who are capable of engaging culturally and linguistically diverse children, families, and communities.
The Summer-to-Summer program (four semesters) is flexible, accessible, and designed for working adults. The program offers online and face-to-face courses in content areas such as language arts, social studies, mathematics, and science, as well as courses in educational theory and practice; equity, access, and inclusion; bilingual reading strategies; integrating curriculum and assessment; culturally responsive teaching and environments; and critical arts-based pedagogies. The MAT program offers theoretically and clinically rich experiences in diverse environments that encourage teachers to develop their identity as thought leaders and agents of change.
We are seeking education professionals and others with a passion for teaching, a wealth of experience, and a drive to engage children and young people in Georgia and beyond.
- Learning Ecologies I: Equity, Access, & Inclusion in Context
- Elementary Education Theory & Practice
- Inclusion of Students with Special Needs: PreK- 5
- Survey of Reading Instruction Pre-K- 12
- Arithmetic & Problem Solving
- Literacy Strategies for Bilingual Learners
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Early Childhood Education View 561 other Masters in Early Childhood Education in United States
The MAT in Elementary Education accepts applicants for summer admission. Eligible applications must have a bachelor’s degree and a 2.5 or above on a 4.0 scale cumulative GPA. While completing your Graduate School application, please complete the following sections:
- Program selection (Athens, MAT, summer)
- Personal background, citizenship, and residency
- Educational background and additional information (upload unofficial transcripts)
- Test scores (3.0 or above GPA to waive entrance exam)*
- Resume and statement of purpose (see guidance for resume and narrative in FAQs)
- Payment selection (application fee)
- Crucial data
- For all other sections enter "not applicable"
- Review and submit
International25186 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12593 USD per semester during 24 months.
National25186 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12593 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State8878 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4439 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Athens
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.