The department believes on creativity and aim to construct air quality, traffic monitoring and water quality labs in order to improve the quality of education and status of teaching and research in the field of Urban and Regional Planning. The Urban and Regional Planning programme of the University of Peshawar, through different seminars, model making workshops and other interactive modules of learning, is uplifting the vision of students towards the tangible and intangible goals of spatial development planning, making better professionals to work in a dynamic job market worldwide.
Students who graduate from the Department of Urban and Regional Planning can find employment in various fields such as public corporations at international national provincial levels and district level, such as World Bank, Asian Development Bank, Development authorities Housing and physical Planning departments, Planning consultancies, Public Policy units, local governments, NGO’s, armed forces & civil aviation authority.
- We are engaged in close interaction with related disciplines like Architecture, Civil Engineering, Economics, Environmental Sciences, Geography, Human and Community Development, Sociology, Urban Design, Transportation Planning & Traffic Management, Disaster Management etc.
- We foster the international exchange of planning ideas and experience through teaching, research, public service, and active roles in governmental organizations.
- We maintain a high level of research activity focusing primarily on planning related issues.
- We organize field surveys and study tours to familiarize students with ample examples of planning foundation in Pakistan.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- District/Regional Planning and Development
- Rural Planning & Development
- Tourism & Recreational Planning
- Strategic Planning for the Urban and Regional Areas
- Sociology in Planning
- Community Participation for Development
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Soon after the declaration of B.A/B.Sc result by the University of Peshawar, the admission process commences by wide publicity in print & electronic media.
International1362 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 681 USD per semester during 24 months.
National1362 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 681 USD per semester during 24 months.
- 50,800 Rs per semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.