The Students are trained by the faculty members and external experts in the newer technologies like Digital Libraries, Institutional Repositories, Content Management systems, Knowledge Management, E-Learning and Web Technologies etc., with practical relevance to meet the current needs of the information industry and libraries. The Department is arranging suitable placement facilities for the students in various libraries/Information Industries. These Programmes with updated curriculum in meeting present needs of government, academic, corporate libraries and information industries to ensure the cent present employability. Our degree programmes provide a solid foundation in core and emerging areas of Library and Information Science and trains students to become independent researchers.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)After the successful completion of the Library and Information Science MLIS programme offered at Bharathiar University, students are expected to:
- To find placement in Public, Academic, Corporate and Special Libraries in India and Abroad.
- To communicate capably with diverse stakeholders, promoting not just access to but also effective use of information services and systems in specific contexts.
- To use evidence to help address information problems, meet information needs, and create relationships in their institutions, communities, profession, and the world.
- To compare and critique contemporary information practices, structures, and standards in relation to historical and global alternatives.
- To apply core ethical principles in professional practice.
- To apply foundational concepts, theories, and principles to promote information organization and access.
- Knowledge Management
- Applications of ICT in Libraries
- Project & Comprehensive Viva
- Digital Libraries
- Information Literacy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Any UG Degree.
- The candidates have to pay the Registration Fee of Rs.400/- through net banking / Debit / Credit Cards/DD/NEFT. SC/ST candidates have to pay only Rs.200/- provided they have to produce a photo copy of his/her community certificate. The online filled in application form shall be completed in all respects and the soft copy can be downloaded. Those who are making online payment need not send the hard copy of the application.
- The application may be filled online at https://admissions.b-u.ac.in the guidelines for filling up the online application is available at www.b-u.ac.in
International375 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 750 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
- National tuition fee: INR2,640/semester ($35)
Living costs for Coimbatore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.