Courses are taught through a combination of lectures, seminar sessions, case analysis, group stimulation, quiz, assignments, and fieldwork. Whilst students are offered academic input from specialists, there is also an emphasis on the use of students’ own experience and on their active involvement in the learning process.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs):
On doing MA Sociology program at Bharathiar University, the students are expected to:
- Understand and analyze the basic social structure and functioning of various social Institutions.
- Understand the social change and its impact on individual, community and society.
- Learn Epidemiological, Sociological and Psychological perspectives of research in health, illness and disease.
- Inculcate research methodological knowledge to improve their analytical and report writing skills.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Classical Sociological Theories
- Rural and Urban Sociology
- Social Demography
- Contemporary Sociological Theories
- Sociology of Indian Society
- Gender and Society
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Gender & Sexuality Studies Sociology View 27 other Masters in Sociology in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A pass in any UG Degree.
- Registration fee of Rs.400/- for each application should be paid through Net Banking/Debit/Credit cards/ NEFT.
- Registration for SC/ST candidates is Rs.200/- for each application (Photo copy of the Community certificate be enclosed)
- The Online application form shall be completed in all aspects.
International375 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 750 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
- National tuition fee: INR1,980/semester ($25)
Living costs for Coimbatore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.