This department was started in the year 1974, as a Post-Graduate Center of Physics by erstwhile Madras University. After the establishment of Bharathiar University by the Government of Tamilnadu in the year 1982, this department became the Department of Physics of Bharathiar University. In 2007, Bharathiar University has constituted different Schools and this department has become a constituent unit of the School of Physical Sciences.
Over the years, the department has become one of the best centers for quality higher learning offered at the level of post-graduate and research programs.
The M. Sc. Physics program from Bharathiar University describe accomplishments that graduates are expected to attain within five to seven years after graduationFrom the skills imparted/learned/acquired
- The students will elevate themselves as job providers/entrepreneurs
- They will hold positions in school education / higher education sectors
- They will decorate the positions as leading scientists at R&D institutions.
- Pursue their higher studies (Doctoral / Post-Doctoral) at leading institutions across the globe
- They will undertake positions in the Public/ Administrative services
- They will serve the country in the defense sector as technical experts
- Elevate themselves as consultants to provide solutions for the industrial problems
- Find positions in the financial sector
- Potential resource persons in the non-conventional energy resource sectors
- They will become a talented pool of sources for the semiconductor device fabrication industries/energy material laboratories
- Classical Mechanics
- Mathematical Physics
- Condensed Matter Physics
- Industrial Electronics
- Molecular Physics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Mathematics Natural Sciences View 47 other Masters in Physics in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Bharathiar University and/or in India, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A pass in B.Sc. Physics with Mathematics and Chemistry as ancillary subjects.
- Registration fee of Rs.400/- for each application should be paid through Net Banking/Debit/Credit cards/ NEFT.
- Registration for SC/ST candidates is Rs.200/- for each application (Photo copy of the Community certificate be enclosed)
- The Online application form shall be completed in all aspects.
International375 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 750 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
- National tuition fee: INR2,640/semester ($33)
Living costs for Coimbatore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.