The Department of Applied Mathematics was started as a Department of the Bharathiar University during June 2008. The Department aims to train people who are Oriented towards research and teaching in advanced areas of Applied Mathematics and its strategy is to promote development out of subjects of current excellence into exciting new areas of Applied Mathematics, whenever the opportunity arises.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)After the successful completion of the Mathematics with Computer Applications MSc programme offered at Bharathiar University, students are expected to:
- Apply knowledge of advanced models and methods of mathematics to outfit to the needs of society and to solve real world problems in suitable structures
- Develop specific skills in independently investigating, modeling and solving problems at a high level of perception
- Gain a research oriented learning that develops analytical / logical / innovative and integrative problem solving approaches
- Identify and recognize the connections between theory and applications efficiently adopt to use professional information and technological tools to support communication and develop the study of Mathematics
- Abstract Algebra
- Real Analysis
- Ordinary Differential Equations
- Programming in C++
- Numerical Analysis/Mathematical Statistics
- Complex Analysis
- Partial Differential Equation
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A pass in B.Sc. Mathematics (or) B.Sc. Mathematics with Computer Applications or equivalent.
- The candidates have to pay the Registration Fee of Rs.400/- through net banking / Debit / Credit Cards/DD/NEFT. SC/ST candidates have to pay only Rs.200/- provided they have to produce a photo copy of his/her community certificate. The online filled in application form shall be completed in all respects and the soft copy can be downloaded. Those who are making online payment need not send the hard copy of the application.
- The application may be filled online at https://admissions.b-u.ac.in the guidelines for filling up the online application is available at www.b-u.ac.in
International375 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 750 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
- National tuition fee: INR3,300/semester ($44)
Living costs for Coimbatore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.