The Department is offering M.Sc. Mathematics programme with a strong motivation to do research in Pure and Applied Mathematics. It emphasizes the basics in Algebra, Analysis, Topology and in particular Differential Equations and Mechanics.
Currently, 25 full time research scholars are actively doing research in various fields of Differential Equations and Mechanics Their work mainly focus on applications of Mathematics in Science and Engineering.
Programme Outcomes (POs)Successful completion of the Mathematics MSc programme offered at Bharathiar University:
- Inculcates mathematical reasoning among students
- Makes students understand fundamental axioms and develop ideas based on them
- Equips students analyze and write logical arguments to prove mathematical concepts
- Equips students with advanced knowledge and insight in mathematics
- Equips students with different types of problem solving methods
- Moulds students communicate mathematical ideas precisely
- Enhances professional skills in mathematics and some specialized areas of applied mathematics
- Equips students with mathematical and computational skills so that they can later get involved in independent research
- Produces professionals who can work on real life and challenging problems
- Moulds students prepare a written report on technical mathematical content with clarity and coherence
- Real Analysis
- Ordinary Differential Equations
- Optimization Techniques
- Measure and Integration
- Partial Differential Equations
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics Financial Mathematics View 9 other Masters in Financial Mathematics in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A pass in B.Sc. Mathematics (or) B.Sc. Mathematics with Computer Applications or equivalent thereof.
- Registration fee of Rs.400/- for each application should be paid through Net Banking/Debit/Credit cards/ NEFT.
- Registration for SC/ST candidates is Rs.200/- for each application ( Photo copy of the Community certificate be enclosed)
- The Online application form shall be completed in all aspects.
International375 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 750 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
- National tuition fee: INR2,640/semester ($33)
Living costs for Coimbatore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.