The department has five qualified faculties specialized in multifarious fields of textile research. The thrust areas of research include Natural Fibres, Natural Dyes, Technical Textiles, Medical Textiles, Garment Designing, Nonwovens and Composites, Textile Dyeing, Functional Finishes, Herbal Finishes and Sustainable Textiles.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)After the successful completion of the Textiles and Apparel Design MSc programme offered at Bharathiar University, students are expected to:
- Gain knowledge in selection, identification of fibers, yarn and fabrics for various end uses.
- Be well trained to work in garment industry as production operator or merchandiser.
- Gain hands on experience in selection of dyes, printing, finishing which will help the students to work in wet processing unit or they can start their own Entrepreneur work.
- Gain knowledge on technical textiles that will help students towards designing smart, innovative apparels for various applications from sportswear to protective clothing.
- Ability to test and assess quality parameters of various textile materials as per the global standards at testing laboratories.
- Gain knowledge on CAD application that will help students to design patterns fit for individuals looking into current fashion trends.
- Gain knowledge in research that will help students to create newer designs suitable for present scenario and current market trends.
- Apply knowledge about Eco textiles which will help in selection of right eco fabrics, prints and finishes to save environment.
- Gain knowledge on quality standards implementation and quality requirements for apparel industry make them suitable to work as quality manager.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Technical Textiles
- Apparel Production Technology
- Innovative Designing
- Advanced Draping
- Fashion Concepts and Designing
- Textile Apparel Marketing and Merchandising
- Applied Physics and Chemistry
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Fashion Design View 9 other Masters in Fashion Design in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Bharathiar University and/or in India, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A Pass in B.Sc. Costume Design and Fashion / Textiles and Apparel Design / Textiles and Fashion Design / Textiles and Clothing or any B.Sc. or B.Voc degree related to Textiles or Fashion or Apparels, B.Sc.Home Science / Physics / Chemistry / Botany / Zoology / Microbiology / Biotechnology / Biochemistry and allied subjects.
- Registration fee of Rs.400/- for each application should be paid through Net Banking/Debit/Credit cards/ NEFT.
- Registration for SC/ST candidates is Rs.200/- for each application (Photo copy of the Community certificate be enclosed)
- The Online application form shall be completed in all aspects.
International375 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 750 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
- National tuition fee: INR5,280/semester ($65)
Living costs for Coimbatore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.