The Department of Human Genetics and Molecular Biology was established during the academic year 2014 as a component of School of Life Sciences. This was the first department named as “Human Genetics and Molecular Biology” in South India doing research’s in Human Molecular Genetics, Nanobiology, Medical Entomology, Cancer Genetics, Neurogenetics and Stem Cell technology. Currently, we are establishing the human induced pluripotent stem cell (hiPSC) laboratory and a therapeutic approach like drug-based therapy for patients specific.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
After the successful completion of the Human Genetics and Molecular Biology MSc programme offered at Bharathiar University, students are expected to:
- Know the inheritance patterns of human
- To explain the role of genetic changes in association with diseases and disorders
- Capacity to design a device to identify the genetic changes
- Capable of differentiate genetic and non-genetic disorders
- Capacity to manipulating the mutated diseased genes
- Capable to become a genetic counselor
- The confidence to fill their talent gaps in the emerging field in Human Genetics
- Practice the learned molecular methods in clinical center, hospitals and laboratories
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Medical Biochemistry
- Cell Biology and Cell Signaling
- Principles of Human Genetics
- Molecular Genetics
- Cancer Genetics
- Neurogenetics and Epigenetics
- Bioethics and Biosafety
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Molecular Sciences Genetics View 6 other Masters in Molecular Sciences in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A Pass in B.Sc. Genetics / Zoology / Animal Sciences / Environmental Science / Nursing / Biotechnology / Bioinformatics / Animal Science and Biotechnology / Advanced Zoology and Biotechnology / Microbiology / Biochemistry / Forensic Science / B.E. Biotechnology / B.Tech. Biotechnology / B.Tech. Genetic Engineering / Industrial Biotechnology / Agricultural Biotechnology.
- The candidates have to pay the Registration Fee of Rs.400/- through net banking / Debit / Credit Cards/DD/NEFT. SC/ST candidates have to pay only Rs.200/- provided they have to produce a photo copy of his/her community certificate. The online filled in application form shall be completed in all respects and the soft copy can be downloaded. Those who are making online payment need not send the hard copy of the application.
- The application may be filled online at https://admissions.b-u.ac.in the guidelines for filling up the online application is available at www.b-u.ac.in
International375 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 750 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
- National tuition fee: INR5,280/semester ($71)
Living costs for Coimbatore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.