The Department of Environmental Sciences was established by the university in 1986 to strengthen research and training in Environmental Sciences. The Department focuses research in the areas of Environmental Chemistry, Environmental Genetics, Environmental Toxicology, Environmental Engineering, Remote Sensing and Geographical Information Systems, Environmental Management and Environmental Microbiology, Bioresource Technology, Biodiversity and Aquatic Ecology. MPhil and PhD programmes in Environmental Sciences were started in 1987 and MSc programme in 1990. Apart from teaching and research, the faculty members are involved in the development of curriculum of our as well as other institutions, review jobs, extension education and consultancy services in industries, local bodies and hospitals.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)After the successful completion of the Environmental Sciences MSc programme from Bharathiar University, students are expected to:
- Get practical knowledge about various physico-chemical parameters, mechanisms of chemical reactions and removal/reduction of air, soil and water pollutants from the environment through different analytical techniques.
- Understand the importance and conservation perspectives of natural resources, impact of climate changes in environment, biological diversity and sustainable environmental management with restoration of functional ecosystem and ecology including environmental food security.
- Understand about the environmental toxicology, health issues and industrial safety perspectives in regional, national and global levels, environmental law, policies and importance and role of environmental impact assessment.
- Understand the basic and application of remote sensing and geographical information system in the studies and characterization of natural resources, geospatial, species distribution and mapping attributes in different environment and ecosystems.
- Understand about the wealth from waste, recycle, reuse, zero waste discharge, zerox waste agroecosystem and environment through production of biocomposts and regenerating of useful byproducts from the waste and waste minimization aspects
- Understand the importance and role of microbial consortium along with biotechnological tools as nature based solution for effective implementation of bioremediation, waste management, green energy and sustainable environment.
- Environmental Chemistry
- Environmental Pollution
- Data Analytics and Research Methods
- Instrumental Methods of Analysis
- Ecology (or) Natural Resource Management
- Environmental Impact Assessment and Green Auditing
- Environmental Microbiology and Biotechnology
- Biodiversity and Conservation
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A Pass in B.Sc. Environmental Sciences / Botany / Zoology / Biotechnology / Biochemistry / Microbiology / Geology / Bioinformatics / Chemistry / Physics / Nanoscience / Life Science / Biological Science.
- The candidates have to pay the Registration Fee of Rs.400/- through net banking / Debit / Credit Cards/DD/NEFT. SC/ST candidates have to pay only Rs.200/- provided they have to produce a photo copy of his/her community certificate. The online filled in application form shall be completed in all respects and the soft copy can be downloaded. Those who are making online payment need not send the hard copy of the application.
- The application may be filled online at https://admissions.b-u.ac.in the guidelines for filling up the online application is available at www.b-u.ac.in
International375 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 750 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
- National tuition fee: INR2,640/semester ($35)
Living costs for Coimbatore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.