Students in the Middle Eastern Studies program at Boston College may focus their coursework and research in one of the following two areas of concentration: Politics and international relations of the Middle East and Religion, culture and society in the Middle East.
Students have considerable flexibility in designing their programs of study and have access to the resources of the fine arts, music, history, political science, theology and other departments of the University, as well as to the rich intellectual resources of the Boston area.
The program seeks to prepare students for a variety of post-graduate opportunities in academia, government and public service, non-governmental organizations, museums and cultural institutions in the United States and abroad.
- Politics of Modern Middle Eastern Art
- Great Cities of Islam: Istanbul
- Cinema of the Greater Middle East
- Geographies of Imperialism: History of Colonization
- The Arabian Nights from Bagdad
- Africa, Islam, & Europe
- Women and Gender in Islam
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History Islamic Studies View 793 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Boston College and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- application form
- application fee: $75
- university/college transcripts are required from all post-secondary education institutions attended
- GRE General Test (optional)
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- Writing Sample
- TOEFL/IELTS for international applicants
International54360 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1812 USD per credit during 12 months.
National54360 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1812 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.