The vision of the department is to shape the students in to skill full, emotionally adjusted individuals integrated with skills, studies and research activities be at institution or in the community in which he/she lives which would in turn help in the all-round development of a teaching personality.
Programme Specific Objectives (PSOs)After the successful completion of the Physical Education programme offered at Bharathiar University, students are expected to:
- Become eligible and qualified (PSO) Physical Education Teacher.
- Learn understand and implement various concepts of Physical Education.
- Acquire the technical and tactical skills in various games.
- Acquire the technical and tactical Skills in various athletic events.
- Basic qualification to go for higher education in Physical Education.
- Enabling to teach fundamental skills in sports and games to the school children.
- Development of organizing skills to conduct various sports competitions in state, national International level.
- Development of Skills in lay out and Maintained of Play Fields.
- Knowledge to prepare a training study for the development various of sports and games.
- Coaches in various sports and games at National and International Level.
- Health Education and Sports Nutrition
- Tests, Measurement and Evaluation in Physical Education
- Sports Management and Curriculum Design in Physical Education
- Sports Technology
- Value and Environmental Education
- Exercise Physiology
- Theories of Sports and Games
- Athletic Care and Rehabilitation
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Bharathiar University and/or in India, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Bachelor of Physical Education (B.P.Ed.) or equivalent with at least 50% marks or
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Health and Physical Education with at least 50% marks.
- Registration fee of Rs.400/- for each application should be paid through Net Banking/Debit/Credit cards/ NEFT.
- Registration for SC/ST candidates is Rs.200/- for each application ( Photo copy of the Community certificate be enclosed)
- The Online application form shall be completed in all aspects.
International375 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 750 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
- National tuition fee: INR5,280/semester ($65)
Living costs for Coimbatore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.