The Department of Education, Bharathiar University was started in March, 2012 with an objective of bringing out effective and efficient Teacher Educators besides ensuring quality and need based researches in the field of Education. At present, the Department offers M.Phil. and Ph.D. Programmes in Education (Both Full-time & Part time). The University has proposed to start the M.Ed, Programme from 2013-2014 with due recognition of the NCTE. The Department emphasizes a shift from mass teaching to personalized instruction, single learning to multiple learning, rigid teacher dominated to flexible learner centred classroom environment. The thrust areas of research in the Department are Educational ychology. Educational Technology, Environment Education, Pedagogical Techniques, Instructional Designs, Media in Education, Web -Based Learning, English Language Teaching, etc.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
After the successful completion of the Master of Education MEd programme from Bharathiar University, students are expected for:
- Professional Capacity Building
- Professional Ethics
- Academic Administrative and Management Capacities
- Continuous Academic Development
- Commitment towards society and professional development
- Professional Communication Skills
- Independent and Team Work Capacities
- Developing competence in research and evaluation of various components in curriculum
- Training in ICT based methodology
- Developing soft skills for teaching, learning and life
- Philosophical and Sociological Perspectives of Education
- Psychology of Learning and Development
- Educational Research
- Early Childhood Care and Education
- Elementary Education
- Advanced Educational Research and Statistics
- Secondary and Higher Secondary Education
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Educational Psychology Early Childhood Education View 7 other Masters in Early Childhood Education in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A pass in B.Ed / B.A. B.Ed / B.Sc., B.Ed / B.EI.Ed / UG with D.EI.Ed. with 50% Marks.
- The candidates have to pay the Registration Fee of Rs.400/- through net banking / Debit / Credit Cards/DD/NEFT. SC/ST candidates have to pay only Rs.200/- provided they have to produce a photo copy of his/her community certificate. The online filled in application form shall be completed in all respects and the soft copy can be downloaded. Those who are making online payment need not send the hard copy of the application.
- The application may be filled online at https://admissions.b-u.ac.in the guidelines for filling up the online application is available at www.b-u.ac.in
International375 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 750 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
- National tuition fee: INR2,640/semester ($35)
Living costs for Coimbatore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.