Computer science and engineering is one of the thrust areas in science and technology. In appreciation of its growing importance in business and visualizing the career prospects, the University established the School of Computer Science and Engineering to facilitate research and human resource development in the subject.
Program Outcomes (POs)
On successful completion of the M.C.A. programme offered at Bharathiar University, students will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science and computing appropriately to model the software applications.
- Assimilate and use state of the art computing technologies, tools and techniques necessary for computing practices.
- Design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social and ethical contexts
- Have an ability to design, implement and evaluate sustainable computational solutions for various complex problems as per needs and specifications.
- Communicate effectively with the computing community, and with society, about complex computing activities by being able to comprehend and write effective reports, design documentation, and make effective presentations.
- Manage projects and function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Recognize the need for and prepare themselves to engage in independent and life-long learning, engage in self-learning for continual development as a computing professional for the betterment of individuals, organizations, research community and society.
- Apply ethical principles and commit to professional responsibilities and human values.
- Utilize the education necessary to understand the impact of computing solutions in a global and societal context
- Innovate and contribute value and wealth for the benefit of the society
- Data Structures using JAVA
- Computer Networks
- Project Management
- Infrastructure and Cloud Security
- Mobile Programming
- Digital Image Processing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Computer Sciences Data Science & Big Data View 61 other Masters in Computer Sciences in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A Pass in Bachelors degree of minimum 3 years duration BCA,B.Sc.(Computer Science / Computer Technology / Information Technology / Computer System and Design) or equivalent with Mathematics as a course at Higher Secondary level or at Graduate level.
- The candidate should have appeared for TANCET 2021/Bharathiar University MCA Entrance Test.
- The candidates have to pay the Registration Fee of Rs.400/- through net banking / Debit / Credit Cards/DD/NEFT. SC/ST candidates have to pay only Rs.200/- provided they have to produce a photo copy of his/her community certificate. The online filled in application form shall be completed in all respects and the soft copy can be downloaded. Those who are making online payment need not send the hard copy of the application.
- The application may be filled online at https://admissions.b-u.ac.in the guidelines for filling up the online application is available at www.b-u.ac.in
International375 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 750 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
- National tuition fee (Regular): INR12,000/semester ($161)
- National tuition fee (Differencial): INR15,000/semester ($201)
Living costs for Coimbatore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.