The University of South Carolina School of Music has established a national reputation for artistic and scholarly excellence. An acclaimed faculty teach more than 500 undergraduate and graduate music majors, including students specializing in virtually every orchestra and band instrument, voice, piano, organ and guitar.
There are two tracks for this Music - Piano Pedagogy MM program offered at University of South Carolina:
- Piano Pedagogy - Recital Track
- Piano Pedagogy - Thesis Track
- Candidates will demonstrate the ability to perform musical works representative of a wide array of music styles and genres, and do so in a manner commensurate with masters-degree level musicianship.
- Candidates will be able to demonstrate masters-level knowledge of music history, music theory, and compositional styles by identifying, describing, comparing, and contrasting musical works from the Antiquity through modern times.
- Candidates will be able to demonstrate masters-level knowledge by identifying, describing, and comparing specific methods of teaching and predominant educational theories, and the uses of these approaches in the field of piano pedagogy.
- Music Bibliography and Research
- Piano Pedagogy
- Piano Literature
- Applied Piano
- Solo Recital
- Music History
- Music Theory
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMusic Musicology Pedagogy View 1089 other Masters in Music in United States
- Official Transcripts
- Official Test Score (GRE or MAT)
- TOEFL/IELTS Score (international students)
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Writing Sample(s)
International33928 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33928 USD per year during 12 months.
National33928 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33928 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12688 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12688 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Columbia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.