About the School of Music
The University of South Carolina School of Music has established a national reputation for artistic and scholarly excellence. An acclaimed faculty teach more than 500 undergraduate and graduate music majors, including students specializing in virtually every orchestra and band instrument, voice, piano, organ and guitar.
There are two tracks for this Music - Jazz Studies MM program offered at University of South Carolina:
- Jazz Composition
- Jazz Performance
- Candidates will demonstrate the ability to perform a wide array of jazz styles.
- Candidates will be able to demonstrate masters-level knowledge of music history, music theory, and compositional styles by identifying, describing, comparing, and contrasting musical works from the Antiquity through modern times.
- Candidates will create original jazz works of significant duration and scope, reflective of masters-level compositional ability.
A major in music with an emphasis in jazz studies can prepare you for careers in:
- live or studio performance
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Music Bibliography and Research
- Jazz composition studies
- Non jazz composition studies
- Composition recital
- Music History
- Music Theory
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMusic Music History Liberal Arts View 465 other Masters in Music History in United States
- Official Transcripts
- Official Test Score (GRE or MAT)
- TOEFL/IELTS Score (international students)
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Writing Sample(s)
International33928 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33928 USD per year during 12 months.
National33928 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33928 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12688 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12688 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Columbia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.