Learning Outcomes - Statistics MSc program at University of South Carolina
- The M.S. recipient should have solid knowledge of the standard methods of statistical data analysis, including their implementation in standard statistical packages.
- The M.S. recipient should have solid knowledge of the foundational results of mathematical statistics at the level needed to utilize the standard statistical texts and applied journals.
- The M.S. recipient should have the ability to apply their statistical knowledge to substantial problems that extend beyond their course work.
- The M.S. recipient should have the ability to successfully communicate their statistical knowledge to statisticians and statistical consumers.
Statisticians are among the fastest growing jobs in the country. Our department offers two paths to a statistics degree: a general major in statistics and a concentration in actuarial science. Both degrees reflect a balance of training in applied statistical methods, statistical computing and statistical theory. The actuarial concentration includes a minor in risk management and insurance, and is designed to prepare students for the early actuarial exams.
- Data Analysis
- Mathematical Statistics
- Linear Statistical Models
- Statistical Consulting
- Seminar in Statistical Consulting
- Practicum in Statistical Consulting
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics Statistics View 340 other Masters in Applied Mathematics in United States
- Official Transcripts
- Official GRE Score
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Personal Statement
International33928 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33928 USD per year during 12 months.
National33928 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33928 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12688 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12688 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Columbia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.