This Theatre MFA program offered at University of South Carolina is intended primarily for those entering the profession of theatre.
- Costume Design and Technology
- Lighting Design
- Scenic Design
- Students will demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the dramatic form through the process of written text analysis, as well as written description and critical analysis of the personal process of the theatre performing artist.
- Acting students will demonstrate the ability to express artistic choices of dramatic action and character development through the written documentation and performance presentations in the department’s theatre production program.
- Design students will demonstrate the ability to express artistic choices of production design in scenery, costumes, and lighting through the written documentation, oral presentations, and production presentations in the department’s theatre production program.
- Acting (Contemporary, Classical)
- Film and Television Acting
- Theatre Design (Costume, Scenic, Lighting, Sound)
- Theatre History
- Play Direction
- Stage Management
- Theatre Production Experiences
- Movement for the Actor
- Make-up Design for Theatre and Film
- Period Styles for Wig and Hair Design
- Theatre Sound Design
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Early applications are given preference for assistantships.
DisciplinesDesign Music Theatre & Dance View 1087 other Masters in Music in United States
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Official Transcripts
- Personal Statement
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Additional Supporting Materials (depending on concentration)
International33928 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33928 USD per year during 36 months.
National33928 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33928 USD per year during 36 months.
In-State12688 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12688 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Columbia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.