About Integrated Biology at The University of Iowa
With many positive changes to our curriculum, iBio is taking this strong record into the future.
The iBio program highlights the uniqueness of our departmental research, which centers on determining the fundamental nature and behavior of living organisms and systems. Our research integrates multiple organizational levels, from the molecular to the ecological, as well as multiple scales of biological time, from embryogenesis to aging to phylogenetic analyses, in a wide array of experimental organisms. Key areas of strength include: the molecular evolution of meiosis and of speciation, the molecular genetics of sexual reproduction, the establishment of asymmetry in early development, and the molecular basis of synaptic specificity and axonal targeting.
The graduate program in integrated biology prepares students for careers in academic research, science education, industry, government, and a variety of other careers in which their scientific expertise can be used.
The Pomerantz Career Center offers multiple resources to help students find internships and jobs.
- Big Ideas: Origins of the Universe, Earth, and Life
- Human Biology
- How the Brain Works
- Plants and Human Affairs
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Natural Sciences Genetics View 496 other Masters in Genetics in United States
- A U.S. bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university, or an equivalent degree from another country as determined by the Office of Admissions.
- A minimum grade-point average (GPA) of 3.00, or the foreign equivalent as determined by the Office of Admissions.
- English Proficiency Requirements
- submit the online application to the Graduate College and pay the $60 application fee by credit card ($100 for international applicants).
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Three letters of recommendation
- A set of your unofficial academic records/transcripts uploaded on your Admissions Profile.
- Once recommended for admission, international students must send a Financial Statement.
International29739 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29739 USD per year during 12 months.
National31012 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31012 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12065 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12065 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Iowa City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.