Linguistics is the scientific study of language in all its aspects, including biological, cognitive, developmental, educational, historical and sociocultural.
Learning Outcomes - the Linguistics MA program at University of South Carolina
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of general linguistics, including phonological and syntactic structure, and proficiency in problem-solving skills.
- Students will demonstrate effective oral communication of basic linguistic knowledge and knowledge in the core areas of phonology and syntax.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of a subdiscipline in the field of linguistics and its application to general linguistics.
- Thesis Preparation
- Survey of Linguistics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Linguistics View 1043 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
- Official Transcripts
- Official GRE Score
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- TOEFL/IELTS Score (international students)
- Personal Statement
International33928 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33928 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National33928 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33928 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
In-State12688 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12688 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Columbia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.