What you will study
As a graduate student at the Human Resources and Law MHR/JD program offered at University of South Carolina, you will be thoroughly trained in the traditional and essential functions of recruiting, selecting, designing compensation plans, achieving compliance with government regulations, coordinating benefits packages and managing labor issues. In addition, you will learn how human resources professionals serve as strategic business partners to manage the enormous change in today's workplace. For an even richer experience, consider the our dual degree option that allows you to pursue a law degree simultaneously.
The Moore School of Business in cooperation with the University of South Carolina School of Law offers a combined degree program that permits a student to obtain the J.D. and Master of Human Resources (M.H.R.) degrees in approximately four years.
- Human Resources and the Global Firm
- Management of Compensation
- Employment Relations Law
- Labor Relations
- Human Resource Metrics and Research
- Human Resource and Business Strategy
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- After the deadline: rolling admission until program is full
DisciplinesOrganisational Behaviour Human Resource Management Legal Studies View 317 other Masters in Legal Studies in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of South Carolina and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Submit a separate application to each program. Each program will make its own admissions decision. Acceptance into one program does not guarantee acceptance in the other.
- Official Transcripts
- Official Test Scores (GRE or GMAT)
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Statement of Purpose
- Admissions Interview (will be requested by the admissions committee for qualified candidates)
International33928 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33928 USD per year during 48 months.
National33928 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33928 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12688 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12688 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Columbia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.