This program, offered by the College of Arts and Sciences and the School of Library and Information Science, culminates in a Master of Arts in Public History and a Master of Library and Information Science.
One of only a few such programs in the United States, the Public History and Library and Information Science MA/MLIS program offered at University of South Carolina has been designed to prepare students for careers in historic agency administration, archives, records management, and library administration in such areas as manuscripts, rare books, government information, and reference.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Library and Information Studies
- Research in Library and Information Science
- Information Organization and Retrieval
- Historical Research Methods
- Archival Administration
- Historical Editing
- History of Historical Writing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLibrary Science History Modern History View 310 other Masters in Modern History in United States
- Persons applying to the joint master’s program in public history and library and information science must meet the entrance requirements of both the Department of History and the School of Library and Information Studies.
- Official Transcripts
- Official GRE Score
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Writing Sample
- Personal Statement
International33928 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33928 USD per year during 24 months.
National33928 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33928 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State12688 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12688 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Columbia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.