- The M.Phil.Ed. in Professional Counseling program at the University of Pennsylvania emphasizes supervised counseling and clinical skills development for addressing the emotional and behavioral health challenges facing individuals and groups in a wide range of settings, including schools, neighborhoods, and larger communities.
- This program involves a year of advanced study in the mastery of professional counseling, clinical assessment, and consultation services immediately following completion of the one-year Counseling and Mental Health Services (CMHS) M.S.Ed. program. Graduates of the program can either launch their careers as licensed professional counselors after completing post-graduate requirements or go on to pursue doctoral studies.
- Professional Internship in CounselingAdvanced Professional Practice in Communities, Agencies and Organizations
- Advanced Professional Counseling Interventions
- Wellness and Addictions Counseling
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling Psychology View 606 other Masters in Counselling Psychology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Prerequisites: Successful completion of the Counseling and Mental Health Services, M.S.Ed. Program at Penn GSE.
- Statement of Purpose: What clinical strengths have you developed as a professional and what areas for further development would you like to address during your enrollment in the program?
- Résumé: A current résumé/CV is required.
- Letters of Recommendation Required: Not Required
- Transcripts: Transcript(s) from prior undergraduate and graduate institution(s) are required.
International55552 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27776 USD per semester during 12 months.
National55552 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27776 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.