Why Choose the Economics MA program from University of South Carolina?
- Flexible Curriculum
You’ll select from one of three tracks: economics, financial economics or thesis. Each track includes a common core of macroeconomics, microeconomics, econometrics and statistics and student-selected electives, allowing for personalization that fits your career interests — whether you want to work in business, government or the finance sector or go on to earn a Ph.D.
- Top-Ranked Faculty
You’ll learn from world-renowned faculty who are not only thought leaders in their fields but have relevant industry experience in banking and finance as well as state, national and international economics. What’s more, you’ll be paired with a faculty advisor who will help you select classes and guide you through the program.
- Increased Earning Potential
By investing two semesters beyond a bachelor’s degree, you’ll vastly increase your skillset and see a significant salary increase upon graduation. Non-thesis track students go on to work at top corporations and government agencies; thesis-track students are accepted into esteemed doctoral programs across the nation.
Where Can Your Economics Degree Take You?
- Business (small or corporate)
- Ph.D. research or teaching in economics, finance or law
- Private or public industry
- Public policy administration
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Applied Macroeconomics
- Applied Microeconomics
- Applied Econometrics
- Applied Statistics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Econometrics Statistics View 506 other Masters in Statistics in United States
- An earned undergraduate degree from an accredited institution is required to be considered for admission to the MAEcon program. The average undergraduate GPA is approximately 3.3. Applicants are eligible for review who have the following minimums: At least 40th percentile GRE or GMAT Quantitative, At least 40th percentile GRE or GMAT Verbal, An undergraduate GPA of at least 2.8.
- Standardized Test
- Two Letters of Recommendation
International33928 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33928 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National33928 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33928 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
In-State12688 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12688 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Columbia
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.