Learning Outcomes - Athletic Training MSc program at University of South Carolina
- Students will demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary for entry-level athletic trainers to use a systematic approach to ask and answer clinically relevant questions that affect patient care by using review and application of existing research evidence.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to develop and implement strategies and programs to prevent the incidence and/or severity of injuries and illnesses and optimize their clients’/patients’ overall health and quality of life.
- Students will demonstrate strong clinical examination skills in order to accurately diagnose and effectively treat their patients
- Students will demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to evaluate and immediately management acute injuries and illnesses.
- Students will be able to assess a patient’s status using clinician- and patient-oriented outcome measures and, based on this assessment and with consideration of the stage of healing and goals, design a therapeutic intervention to maximize the patient’s participation and health-related quality of life.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to recognize clients/patients exhibiting abnormal social, emotional, and mental behaviors and to intervene and refer these individuals as necessary.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of risk management, healthcare delivery mechanisms, insurance, reimbursement, documentation, patient privacy, and facility management.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to maintain current competence, practice within the limits of state and national regulation using moral and ethical judgment and work collaboratively with other healthcare providers.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to synthesize and integrate knowledge, skills, and clinical decision-making into actual client/patient care.
- Human Anatomy for Health Sciences
- Principles of Athletic Training
- Principles of Evidenced-Based Medicine
- Evaluation and Therapeutic Intervention of Head, Neck & Spine Injuries
- Clinical Pathology and Pharmacology in Athletic Training
- Transforming Health Care for the Future
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences Sports Sciences View 1829 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited university prior to beginning the program
- Observation hours of a certified athletic trainer (optional)
- Minimum Cumulative GPA of 3.0 from the undergraduate degree
- GRE scores (optional)
- Virtual Interview
- Professional Resume
- Personal Statement
- Three professional recommendation letters
- Documentation of clinical hours (optional)
- USC AT Program Technical Standards Form
- Official transcripts from all schools or colleges previously attended
- Non-US institution transcripts must be verified by World Education Services (WES) or equivalent evaluation service. Please submit a comprehensive course-by-course evaluation (WES ICAP)
- Prerequisite Coursework Requirements (minimum grade of C): Biology and Lab (4 credits), Chemistry and Lab (4 credits), Physics and Lab (4 credits), Anatomy and Physiology I and II and Labs (8 credits), Exercise Physiology (3 credits), Psychology (3 credits), Nutrition (3 credits), Statistics (3 credits)
International33928 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33928 USD per year during 24 months.
National33928 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33928 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State12688 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12688 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Columbia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.