The applied part, including literature review, paper writing, seminar presentation, and field visit, on each course has marks equivalent to 40 percent of total. The remaining 60 percent will be based on final examination.
A student obtained Master degree in Political Science at Tribhuvan University or any subject of its sub-disciplines (i.e. International Relations, Conflict Study, and Strategic Study) or Law or Public Administration or Development Study and or Rural Development is eligible to apply for M. Phil. Candidates have to attend entrance examination.
Aside the specific objective of each course to be presented briefly in relevant section, the M.Phil. in Political Science generally provides benefit to students in multiple fronts, as given below in bullet points:
- Provides cutting-edge skills, knowledge, and professional understanding of the Political Science discipline.
- Helps to develop knowledge and provides research and learning opportunities in the field of Political Science.
- Provides a range of educational experiences in a variety of learning environments to develop written and oral communication skills as well as other technical skills, including debates, seminars and lectures.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Political Philosophy
- Theories in Political Science
- Research Methodology in Political Science
- Comparative Politics
- International Relations
- Politics and Government of Nepal
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- The current Year in Nepali is Nepali calendar 2077. Nepali Calendar is 56 years and 8 and months ahead of the Gregorian Calendar.
DisciplinesEnvironmental Economics & Policy Public Policy Political Science View 3 other Masters in Environmental Economics & Policy in Nepal
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A student obtained Master degree in Political Science or any subject of its sub-disciplines (i.e. International Relations, Conflict Study, and Strategic Study) or Law or Public Administration or Development Study and or Rural Development is eligible to apply for M. Phil.
- Candidates have to attend entrance examination.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.