Studyportals
M.Phil. On Campus

Political Science

Tribhuvan University

18 months
Duration
Unknown
Tuition fee
Unknown
Unknown
Apply date
Unknown
Start date

About

The M. Phil. Political Science programme from Tribhuvan University runs in broader scope, theoretical understanding through class room lecture and literature review as well as practical application i.e. field visit, paper writing, seminar presentation, internship and thesis writing. 

Hey there 👋🏼

Interested in some tips for finding the best matching programme for you?

Here is a checklist of the most common actions that users take before finding their dream programme.

Completed items

Search with at least 2 filters
You can use the search page. The filter section on the left contains a variety of useful filters.
0 / 5
Visit 5 programme pages
You can find programmes in different ways. If you haven't viewed any programmes yet, the search page is probably a good place to start.
0 / 2
Visit 2 university pages
You can find universities in different ways. From the page of a programme you like you can jump to the corresponding university or you can start with the country you like and check a list of universities there.
Take our personality test
Would you like to know what kind of programme would fit your personality best? Go to the personality test page to take the test.
Take our country test
Would you like to which country would be the ideal place for you to study? Go to the country test page to take the test.
Create an account
Creating an account gives you a number of benefits. It will unlock 6 more items on your checklist. Some new things you'll be able to do are:
  • Check your fit with a programme
  • View recommendations
  • Compare programmes

Overview

The applied part, including literature review, paper writing, seminar presentation, and field visit, on each course has marks equivalent to 40 percent of total. The remaining 60 percent will be based on final examination.

A student obtained Master degree in Political Science at Tribhuvan University or any subject of its sub-disciplines (i.e. International Relations, Conflict Study, and Strategic Study) or Law or Public Administration or Development Study and or Rural Development is eligible to apply for M. Phil. Candidates have to attend entrance examination. 

Objective

Aside the specific objective of each course to be presented briefly in relevant section, the M.Phil. in Political Science generally provides benefit to students in multiple fronts, as given below in bullet points:

  • Provides cutting-edge skills, knowledge, and professional understanding of the Political Science discipline.
  • Helps to develop knowledge and provides research and learning opportunities in the field of Political Science.
  • Provides a range of educational experiences in a variety of learning environments to develop written and oral communication skills as well as other technical skills, including debates, seminars and lectures.

Programme Structure

Courses include: 
  • Political Philosophy 
  • Theories in Political Science 
  • Research Methodology in Political Science 
  • Comparative Politics
  • International Relations
  • Politics and Government of Nepal

Key information

Duration

  • Full-time
    • 18 months

Start dates & application deadlines

More details
  • The current Year in Nepali is Nepali calendar 2077. Nepali Calendar is 56 years and 8 and months ahead of the Gregorian Calendar.

Language

English

Credits

30 alternative credits

Delivered

On Campus

Academic requirements

We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.

English requirements

We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.

Other requirements

General requirements

  • A student obtained Master degree in Political Science or any subject of its sub-disciplines (i.e. International Relations, Conflict Study, and Strategic Study) or Law or Public Administration or Development Study and or Rural Development is eligible to apply for M. Phil. 
  • Candidates have to attend entrance examination. 

Tuition Fee

Funding

Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.

Fresh content

Updated in the last 9 months

Check the official programme website for potential updates.

Our partners

Political Science
-
Tribhuvan University

Wishlist

Go to your profile page to get personalised recommendations!