At the Mass Communication MMS program from University of South Carolina you will choose a focus in either multimedia journalism or strategic communication management.
- Some students turn their practicums into full-time jobs after graduation, while others take the skills and knowledge gained during their practicum to pursue a different path.
- Our MMC students have been highly successful in finding meaningful work after finishing our program. For example, recent graduates have gone on to work with organizations such as APCO Worldwide, United Way, the American Red Cross, the Tampa Bay Rays, Fox Sports in Miami/Fort Lauderdale, WCBS-TV in Charleston, the San Francisco Chronicle, USC Athletics, Fleishman Hillard, and more.
- Specific jobs students have gained after graduating with their MMC include Social Media Community Manager for Main Street Hub in Austin, TX, Communications Director for a Congressperson in the U.S. House of Representatives, Digital Lead Advertising Account Executive for The McClatchy Company, Carolina News Producer for WIS-TV, Employee Engagement Manager for MGM Resorts International, and many others.
- Research Methods in Mass Communication
- Media Law
- Issues in Mass Communication Management
- Strategic Communication Management
- Strategic Communication Principles
- Strategic Communication Strategies
- Strategic Communication Campaigns
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMedia Management Media Studies & Mass Media Digital Communication View 346 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in United States
To apply, you'll need:
- Your official score from the GRE.
- Three letters of recommendation, including at least one from an academic source.
- Your official academic transcript.
- Your résumé.
- Your Statement of Objectives, which explains why you are applying.
International33928 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33928 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National33928 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33928 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
In-State12688 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12688 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Columbia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.