MSEd in Literacy Studies from The City University of New York Continuation Requirements
- Maintain GPA of 3.0.
- Meet any conditions placed on initial matriculation before the completion of 12 graduate credits. College and Departmental policies regarding academic probation also apply.
M.S.Ed. Program in Literacy Studies Graduation Requirements
- Students must complete the required graduate credits of study pertaining to their program. Students must earn a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 in their course work to be recommended by the College for certification.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Language and Literacy Acquisition and Development of Children
- Instructional Approaches for Language and Literacy Development in Childhood Education
- Assessing and Evaluating Language and Literacy Development in Childhood Education
- Literacy in the Content Areas
- Practicum in Fostering Language and Literacy Development in Early Childhood and Childhood Education
- Project Seminar: Research on Literacy I and II
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Language Studies Teaching View 1604 other Masters in Teaching in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university.
- Demonstrated ability to pursue graduate study successfully, that is, a minimum grade average of B in the undergraduate records as a whole.
- An initial teaching certificate or qualify for initial certification within three semesters.
- An essay outlining career goals.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- An individual interview.
- Submit scores of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) revised general test, i.e., verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, and analytical writing and scores from the Academic Literacy Skills Test.
International30780 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
National30780 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
- Full-time - $5,545/semester
- Part-time - $470/credit
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.