In addition to the standard core and elective computer science courses, the program offers service courses to meet the need of high technology application.
- The objective of the M. Sc. Computer Science and Information Technology program at Tribhuvan University is to offer intensive course in the design, theory, programming and application of computers.
- The courses are designed to admit student who have completed B. Sc. ( 3 years) program of Tribhuvan University or its equivalent.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The foundation and core courses are designed to meet the graduate program requirement, and the service courses are designed to meet the need of fast changing computer technology and application.
- Students enrolled in the graduate program are required to take course in design and implementation of computer software systems, foundation in the theoretical model of computer science, and functional background of computer hardware. All graduation students are required to complete 40 credit hours of computer science courses.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- The current Year in Nepali is Nepali calendar 2077. Nepali Calendar is 56 years and 8 and months ahead of the Gregorian Calendar.
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Computer Sciences
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Admission to the M.Sc.CSIT program is based on written entrance test. The examination format is similar to CAT/GRE examinations. A degree in B.Sc in computer science, B.E computer , electronics, BTech or curriculum equivalent to Bachelors level program in computer science at Tribhuvan University with 50% aggregate in the relevant exam is required for admission.
- Students must be from science background at intermediate level. The selection for admission is based on 80% score of the entrance examination and 20% of the aggregate of their last degree.
- Students having masters degree in science (M.Sc.(Physics), M.Sc.(Statistics) and M.Sc.(Mathematics)) and student with four year degree in the engineering can also apply for the admission provided they have completed prerequisite courses needed to enroll in the first year course of M.Sc.CSIT program.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.