Central Department of Environmental Science (CDES) was established on 26 October 2001 under the aegis of Institute of Science and Technology (IOST), Tribhuvan University (TU).
With a mission to advance human knowledge on environment through teaching-learning and research, CDES-TU has been leading towards Academic Excellence. It has received Quality Assurance and Accreditation (QAA) from the University Grants Commission of Nepal in 2018.
- To recognize CDES-TU as the centre of excellence in education and research of environmental science
- To consolidate and update existing curriculum, and enhance students’ assessment
- To promote faculty members for delivering high performance in teaching and research
- To promote extracurricular activities in support of environmental protection and sustainable development
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Ecology and Environmental Science
- Environmental Earth Science
- Environmental Pollution and Monitoring
- Ecology and Environmental Science Practical
- Environmental Earth Science Practical
- Environmental Pollution and Monitoring Practical
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- The current Year in Nepali is Nepali calendar 2077. Nepali Calendar is 56 years and 8 and months ahead of the Gregorian Calendar.
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Environmental Management Environmental Sciences
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- In order to gain admission to MSc in Environmental Sciene program of CDES, a candidate must appear in and pass the entrance examination conducted by Institute of Sciencce and Technology, Tribhuvan University (IOST-TU) and the admission is strictly merit based.
- An applicant must have completed BSc in Environmental Sciene or equivalent degree recognized by Tribhuvan University with at least second division aggregate percentage.
- The application of the candidates having degrees other than BSc in Environmental Science can be accepted based on the decision of Faculty Board of IOST-TU.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.