It is 2-year & 4-semester course with a compulsory dissertation. The total course load is of 60 credits. However from the year 2074, the new curriculum of MSc has been launched. According to the new curriculum from Tribhuvan University, the Zoology course load of MSc program is of 70 credits and the full marks is 1750.
- Each semester is of six month duration. As per the old curriculum, first two semesters deal with core courses where students are given advanced theoretical knowledge on the fundamental fields of zoology.
- In the third semester, student can choose one of the four specializations available at the department (Ecology, Entomology, Parasitology and Fish & Fisheries).
- In the third and fourth semesters, the students will get advanced knowledge on research methods, the applied aspects of animal science and contemporary issues with diverse choice in the subject. The fourth semester is largely dedicated to their application in dissertation.
- As per the new curriculum, first semester fully deal with core courses and second semester deal both with core courses and specialization courses.
- The student need to select specialization courses in the second semester from four specializations courses available at the department (Ecology & Environment, Entomology, Parasitology and Fish Biology & Aqua culture).
- Very soon another specialization course Genomics & Molecular Biology will be introduced. The fourth semester is fully dedicated to the dissertation work.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- The current Year in Nepali is Nepali calendar 2077. Nepali Calendar is 56 years and 8 and months ahead of the Gregorian Calendar.
DisciplinesBiology Microbiology Animal Sciences
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Scanned copy of Bank Voucher
- MRP Standard Photo
- SLC/SEE Marksheet
- +2/I.Sc. Transcripts
- Bachelor Transcript/Marksheets
- e-signature of the candidate (png file)
- Others (equivalence certificates, etc)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.