The Geographic Information Systems curriculum at University of Silesia in Katowice includes general and introductory courses offering both theoretical knowledge and practical skills.
- Specialized courses include: cartography and geodesy, geoinformation, satellite navigation, web and mobile GIS, satellite and aerial remote sensing, services in the area of unmanned aerial vehicles, terrestrial laser scanning, database management systems, GIS programming and modelling as well as courses covering quantitative and qualitative analyses and applications of GIS in environmental studies and spatial planning.
- Every student is required to submit a master's degree thesis.
- Studies in the area of GIS prepare the graduate for employment in local and central administration, spatial planning and landscape architecture, environmental protection units, crisis management centres, business environment companies, geodesy and cartographic enterprises and research institutions.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Admission to studies may be applied to students with a Bachelor's, Engineer's or Master's degree in geography or related disciplines and with a knowledge of English at a level of at least B2.
- In the case of candidates from other fields of study (related disciplines), the decision on admission to the recruitment procedure is made by the recruitment committee on the basis of an analysis of the obtained learning outcomes and the program of completed studies.
- Recruitment is based on the assessment of the required documents submitted by the candidate (after prior registration in the Internet Candidate Registration system).
International301 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 602 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
National301 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 602 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- 2750 PLN
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.