We offer a master degree in Ceramic Engineering at National Institute of Technology, Rourkela. It boasts state of the art high temperature furnaces going up to 2500 Kelvin and sophisticated analytical instruments like FE-SEM, XRD, DSC, TGA, etc.
The current research focus of the department includes futuristic materials like Solid Oxide Fuel Cells, Lithium Ion Batteries, Nanomaterials, Advanced Ceramics from polymeric precursors, Materials development for tokamak fusion reactors, nano carriers for drug delivery as well as improved industrial products like advanced refractories and glass.
- To produce highly qualified graduates possessing strong foundation in ceramic engineering worthy of serving industry, academia and research organization in India and abroad.
- To develop strong liaisons with industries and academia fostering multidisciplinary activities.
- To pursue fundamental and creative research in the science and engineering of novel ceramic materials and publish enduring scientific literatures.
- Traditionally Ceramic Engineers convert naturally occurring raw materials (rocks and minerals) into useful but low cost products like porcelain, glass and refractories which are used not only as household items but also in metallurgical and allied industries.
- However, the current trend is to use synthetic and purer raw materials to produce advanced and tailor made ceramics like electronic components, bio-ceramics, nuclear materials, cutting tools, aerospace components etc.
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Materials Science & Engineering Chemistry View 28 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- NITR Selection Procedure
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.