The Mining Engineering Department from National Institute of Technology, Rourkela regularly conducts continuing education programmes for the benefit of the professionals from industry and other academic, research and government regulatory organisations representing both national and international level.
The current research focus of the Department includes coal mining technology, fly ash management, slope stability, spontaneous heating of coal and mine fires, modeling of coal bed methane, cumulative environmental impact assessment, and mine systems reliability.
- To carry out research and create human resource for developing and adopting appropriate technology towards sustainable development of mineral resources.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Rock Excavation Engineering
- Environmental Control and Management
- Safety Risk Assessment and Management
- Project Management
- Material Handling System
- Seminar and Technical Writing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Mining, Oil & Gas View 6 other Masters in Mining, Oil & Gas in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A certificate for proof of age (Birth certificate or Board certificate).
- Pass certificate and grade card (or mark sheet) of the qualifying examination.
- College leaving certificate/Transfer certificate.
- University migration certificate (If applicable).
- 3 recent passport size colour photographs.
- Application for enrolment.
- GATE score card (if applicable).
- Reservation Category certificate (if applicable).
- Address slips of parents including both postal and electronic addresses.
- Admission fee receipt.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.