This rapidly growing field, seeing extensive technological advances and emerging new sub-disciplines, opens up a broad spectrum of career opportunities.
- A Master's degree in Molecular Life Sciences from Stockholm University opens a broad spectrum of career opportunities both within and outside of the academic sphere. This programme gives you the eligibility to continue with PhD studies.
- Important parts of industry and society require deep knowledge within molecular life sciences, from biomedical research and pharmaceuticals development to the effect of the environment on biological systems, quality assurance of foodstuffs, and nutritional science.
- Biological Statistics
- The Genome: Expression and Dynamics
- Green Biotechnology
- Infection Biology
- Molecular Cell Biology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Microbiology Molecular Sciences View 10 other Masters in Microbiology in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The Master's programme in Molecular Life Science is only open for application in the first round, with deadline for applications in mid-January.
- The Molecular life sciences programme requires a solid background in molecular biology, as well as good understanding of chemistry. Specifically expect the equivalent to our Bachelor's degree in Molecular Biology: at least one year's fulltime studies in molecular biology including one semester of chemistry, particularly biochemistry.
International12861 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25723 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- For citizens from outside EU, EEA or Switzerland. First instalment: 70000 SEK. The complete programme: 280000 SEK.
- National students: application fee of 900 SEK
Living costs for Stockholm
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.