The development of the Geography and Geographical Information System program of the Imam Abdulrahman Bin Faisal University will help in achieving the mission of the University of Dammam in saving the Communities of the Eastern Province in particular and other communities in general. This is because the Science of Geography, with its different specializations, is characterized by having the ability to solve many problems in the fields of economy, population and society together with the problems of the physical environment and the different issues of development.
Study Plan and Course Specifications
The program study plan applies a blended system of taught courses and thesis, four academic semesters are required for the completion of the MA.
The student can choose between six distinct tracks of specializations in human or physical geography as follows:
- Economic Geography and Development
- Population Studies and Sustained Development
- The Geography of Urbanization and Urban Planning
- Climate Studies
- Geographical Methods and Approaches
- Seminar in Geography
- Advanced Methods of geographical analysis
- Geographical texts in a foreign language
- Special Subject in Economic Geography
- Planning Geography and sustainability Development
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Admission to the program is subject to the unified rules and regulations for the graduate students in Saudi Universities as well as the following admission requirements approved by the Department of Geography and Geographic Information Systems council:
- BA in Geography from any university approved by the ministry of Higher Education.
- Minimum score of (4) in ILETS or any other equivalent test approved by the Ministry of Higher Education.
- Passing the written test and the interview conducted by the Department.
International2261 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 133 USD per credit during 24 months.
- SAR 500 per credit
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.